You will create highly detailed scenes for our Hidden City game: architectural structures, street objects like lanterns, benches, fountains, as well as plants and animals, decorations, interiors etc.
We are looking for a concept artist with a rich imagination to implement the stories written by our screenwriters. This position requires a delicate sense of color, the ability to set a concise, deep color scheme (tones, transitions, color depth, contrasts) to convey the location atmosphere and characters’ emotions.
You’ll be selecting and placing main and additional light sources to create overall and detail lighting which will set the right mood. Also we expect you to be able to unhesitatingly play with colors and take pleasure in drawing and the work in general.
While creating a sketch, the concept artist discusses it with the Event Producer, 2D artist team lead, 3D modeler, and artists team to make sure they will be able to implement the scene and find the right references. The final sketch should match the given atmosphere and stylistic aspects of our game.
- excellent understanding of color, form and how to create it – light and shadow, composition, perspective
- higher education in art-related discipline
- 2-3+ years’ experience as concept artist
- excellent knowledge of Adobe
- great hand-drawing skills as well as ability to draw via tablet
- excellent line art technique
- creative approach and ability to work as part of the team
What to we offer
- become a developer of the best free-to-play HOPA game
- be part of team of professionals who love to create games
- non-formal approach and direct work with company and project managers
- attractive salary and bonuses
- comfortable office on Pechersk
- openness to your ideas and opportunity to implement successful ones in our games
- free in-house education and compensation for external courses
- flexible work schedule